Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The real Siri voice has been revealed!

Meet Susan Bennett - you may know her voice if you have ever flown Delta Airlines or used an ATM. But I bet you didn't know her voice was also your favorite digital companion, Siri.

"The first time I actually heard my voice as Siri was when my friend emailed me and said, 'Isn't this you?'" Bennett told CNN, who broke the story. "I went to the Apple site and that's where I heard the voice. I went, 'Oh! Hmm. That is me.'"

Bennett says she recorded what would eventually become the voice of iPhone in July of 2005, for four hours a day, every day of the month. "I had absolutely no idea where they would end up," she admits. "Originally, it was just a bunch of sentences and phrases that were created so that every single combination of vowels and consonants and syllables could be spoken."

All of which might explain why Siri is so sassy: "There are some people that just can read hour upon hour upon hour, and it's not a problem. For me, I get extremely bored. That's one of the reasons why Siri might sometimes sound like she has a bit of an attitude...Those sounds might have been recorded the last 15 minutes of those four hours."

Source: CNN

No comments:

Post a Comment