Interested in becoming a tester (or "explorer" as Google puts it)? In order to be a Glass tester, you need to get noticed. How? Of course through social media. But that's not all you need. If selected, you'll have to cough up $1,500 (plus applicable taxes) and attend a "special pick-up experience," in person, in New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles (at your expense).
Definitely a great piece of technology anyone would want to have. But personally, at $1,500 for just a test pair, I'll pass.
From the Google Glass website:
We’re looking for bold, creative individuals who want to join us and be a part of shaping the future of Glass. We’d love to make everyone an Explorer, but we’re starting off a bit smaller. We’re still in the early stages, and while we can’t promise everything will be perfect, we can promise it will be exciting
Using Google+ or Twitter, tell us what you would do if you had Glass, starting with the hashtag #ifihadglass.
- Your application must be 50 words or less
- You must include #ifihadglass in your application
- You can include up to 5 photos with your application
- You can include a short video (15 secs max)
- Be sure to follow us on Google+ (+ProjectGlass) or Twitter (@projectglass) so that we can contact you directly
- You must be at least 18 years old and live in the U.S. to apply
- For more details, please see our full Terms and FAQ